Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lady what?

I don't know anything about pop culture, because a) it makes me feel superior to look down on you people rolling around in that filth and b) I have a terrible memory, as anyone whose special occasion I've forgotten can attest, and I can never remember things I've seen/heard. So every once in a while, a friend casually mentions some pop icon I apparently should know about, and I google them and am confronted with images like this:



Pictures which make me doubt whether they should be allowed to call it pop "culture." This is a person about whom it has been said "her aversion to wearing a top and bottom at the same time...swigging champagne and being fanned by oily men in Speedos [is] very Donatella-esque." This is a person who chooses to be called "Lady Gaga," as in the sound that babies make. This is a person so talented she wrote songs for Britney Spears AND New Kids on the Block.

Go back to Yonkers!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

But "Just Dance" is a really fun song, so you should probably retract this entire post and just go listen to that on repeat instead.

Scenester said...

i knew someone would comment something like that!

but i didn't know it would come from YOU!